Sunday, December 17, 2006

Jealousy is Great!

Okay, there are two major defintions of "jealousy." One is the same as "envy," as in, you have something I want, and I'm going to find a way to take it from you. That one's always bad. The other one means carefully protecting someone or something in your care.

The Bible says in one place "God is a jealous God." I'm guessing that's using the protection meaning, 'cause I don't think I have much God would be envious over.

So, in this sense, jealousy is great! I'm very jealous for my wife Carla... I get riled up if another guy starts gettin' too friendly, don'cha know. And I am very fortunate that my lovely Carla is jealous for me, and I appreciate her looking out for me, especially when I'm tired, have low blood sugar, or my emotions are running amok. Those are the times when I get confused (to say the least), and Carla helps make sure I stay away from folks like sales people.

While I'm on the topic, and have my wits about me, I offer my apologies to the friends to whom I sent email while I was waaaay off track recently. And thanks for your patience, understanding, and wisdom.

No comments: