Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

I'm about 1/2 way through withdrawing from Cymbalta, and still getting over a cold. Spent all day sleeping, staring at the TV while the Redskins lost, winning a play-money poker tournament, and starting a fire. I haven't been up to reading the Christmas story tonight, but perhaps we can do that tomorrow night.

Oh, the fire was in a fireplace. Our home has 2 fireplaces we had never used since we bought it in October 2005, and in fact, this is the first time we have ever had an evening together in front of a real fire. It was pretty neat just sitting around and talking and watching the fire, although I slept a lot of the time.

I didn't get a lot done that I had wanted to for giving Carla gifts, but I was too tired and/or spaced out the last few weeks... at least I was able to keep up enough energy and sanity to keep doing my job. Hopefully, by the end of this coming week, I'll be past both the side effects of the Cymbalta and the effects of withdrawing from it. Then I'll get busy with my postponed plans to give Carla in February.

Valentines Day (my favorite non-Christian holiday) is the 14th, our 21st anniversary is the 15th, and her birthday is the 17th! I have some great plans I'll tell you about, after the fact, because Carla sometimes reads my posts...

So for now, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: